[Incubator] Projects: Adding HOTOSM tools

Petya Kangalova petya.kangalova at hotosm.org
Thu Nov 24 06:30:33 PST 2022

Hello Incubator Committee,

Hope you are well. I was on a call with Angelos and Vicky, as well as a few
other OSGeo members, back in October to discuss how we can action some of
the objectives in the MoU: The Open Source Geospatial Foundation signs MoU
with HOT
<https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/the-open-source-geospatial-foundation-signs-mou-with-hot-the-humanitarian-openstreetmap-team-united-states-inc/>
.

We discussed that it will be useful to add HOTOSM tools to the OSGeo
website. As I understand, in order to do that the first step is to email
the Incubator Committee and provide you with relevant information to be
able to add some of the hotosm open source geospatial tools. We also
discussed the option to have a "humanitarian" classification.

I am thinking of starting with the HOT Tasking Manager (hotosm.org)
<https://tasks.hotosm.org/> and Github repo
<https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager>. Let me know what additional
information is needed and what the next steps in the process are.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Best wishes,
Petya

--

* <https://unsummit.hotosm.org/>*
*Petya Kangalova*
petya.kangalova at hotosm.org
Time zone: UTC (Bristol, UK)
*Note: I am currently working Monday - Thursday as HOT pilots the
4-Day Work Week. Find out more about the 4DWW here
<https://www.hotosm.org/4-day-work-week>. **I'm sending this at a time that
works for me, standing by for a time that works for you :)*
*Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team*
<https://www.facebook.com/hotosm> | donate <https://hotosm.org/donate>