[Incubator] Projects: Adding HOTOSM tools

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 00:09:11 PST 2022

Welcome Petya:

The sanity check for listing projects on the osgeo website is really quick
:)

1. geospatial
2. open source license
3. accepts contributions

It does not really show us the above - we just consider it the secret to
open source success and want to share it with outs.

With so many projects using github we use that environment as an example
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Supporting_project_teams>
on our wiki page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Step_1:_Add_OSGeo_Website_Project_Page>
:

1. Does your README.md mention some kind of mapping / spatial activity?
2. The LICENSE.md file should be one of the OSI approved ones
3. Do you have a CONTRIBUTING.md file (asking others to contribute and
sharing how you like to collaborate), or do you have pull requests showing
evidence of playing nice with others :)

For more information http://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/ (and
please forgive us if we are careful on this stuff - it is one of our
passions as a software foundation).