[Incubator] Masterportal - OS Geo Incubator Application Questionnaire

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:44:13 PST 2023

Jens/Nick:

I think discussion has settled - and Masterportal would like to apply to
join the OSGeo Foundation as part of our Community Project initiative. We
can save your above incubation application for later...

You have already done the first step and the project is listed on the
website https://www.osgeo.org/projects/masterportal/

As part of that application process you were introduced to our principles
of being 1) geospatial 2) open source license 3) accepting contributions.
While I still cannot find the discussion in my email, we can cover any
questions you may have.

For a community project we ask for a little bit of work (which you may have
already done) on each one of these topics. The discussion around these
topics is one of the key benefits of joining these OSGeo. The
opportunity to interact with other teams and learn from our mistakes and
experience :)

The incubation committee page
http://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/ has the list of
requirements; which we can discuss on this email thread. When these
requirements are met and reviewed a member of the incubation committee can
nominate you for the program.

While the requirements are general, and you can meet them however you wish,
our wiki page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Step_2:_Join_Community_Projects_Program>
has a table showing how projects hosted on GitHub
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Supporting_project_teams>
have met these requirements. Please treat this as an example only! While
the GitHub forge checks for a LICENSE.md file specifically to support their
open source audit workflows; we only really care that you have an open
source license.

We look forward to working with you.