[Java-collab] IRC Meeting followup

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:10:24 EDT 2009

With respect to an svn repository for java-collab.

I went and asked on the incubation list about setting up an svn to
hold java-collab work. And got a very polite reply from Frank asking
if this could be hosted in the existing osgeo svn repository for
geotools.

- there is an over head associated with an svn repository
- we have not sorted out any of the code license/commit
access/contribution questions

I recommend LGPL as both Deegree and GeoTools are comfortable with this license.

Right now markus has offered to set up an isolated repository on the
deegree svn. We could also follow franks suggestion and offer access
to http://svn.osgeo.org/geotools/trunk/spike/ which is where we keep
works in progress.

Jody