[Java-collab] IRC Meeting followup

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:49:43 EDT 2009

Hi Markus - comments inline.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Markus Schneider<schneider at lat-lon.de> wrote:
> Hello Jody,
>
> thanks for your efforts. Hans Plum of intevation.org suggested another option: setting it up as a separate project at
> http://wald.intevation.org/ (where deegree is hosted as well).

We can also ask on CodeHaus - they work on a merit system - the groups
previous experience here makes that an easy one. I am going to think a
bit more and look at the OSGeo Labs thing if that is alright (I would
prefer to go through to OSGeo if we can since collaboration like this
is what the Foundation is for).

> I guess we would like to see it either as a separate project or (at least in the mid-term) hosted it as a separate
> module in the deegree repository -- after all, we're going to start with the corresponding code base from deegree 3, right?

I don't mind what codebase we start with; given the GML guidance from
the IRC meeting deegree is the sensible starting place.

Cheers,
Jody