[Lexicon] Introductions

Alyssa Rock alyssa.rock at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 15:00:25 PDT 2020

Hi everyone! My name is Alyssa Rock and I'm excited to begin helping with
the Geolexicon project. I've found this project through my involvement with
Write the Docs and the Good Docs project, where I'm a regular contributor.

For my day job, I work as a technical writer for SaltStack (based in the
U.S. in Utah), which runs the configuration management tool Salt. Salt is
one of the most popular open source projects for configuration management
in IT and network engineering. Although I mostly work on documentation for
SaltStack's enterprise products, I'm very passionate about improving
documentation for our open source products and for open source communities
in general.

Outside of work, I'm married to my husband Chris and we have 2 boys (13 and
11). My main hobby is singing (usually opera) and I take voice lessons and
participate in community choirs in my area (but not so much lately because
of covid-19).

Looking forward to working with all of you,
Alyssa