[Lexicon] Introductions

Ronald Tse tse at ribose.com
Sun Aug 16 20:53:59 PDT 2020

Hi Naini, Ankin and Alyssa,

Thank you for the detailed introductions and welcome to the community!

Following the trend of giving introductions… I am the founder of Ribose, the organization that leads the Metanorma and Glossarist/Geolexica open-source initiatives.

Metanorma is a publishing toolchain based on a standardized document model called ISO 36100, officially used by a number of SDOs like NIST, OGC, ITU and CalConnect, and by many authors in ISO and IEC. Some of its main benefits are to allow end-to-end publication independent of document medium, machine-readability, and enable cross-publisher publishing.

Glossarist/Geolexica is a desktop/server suite that is used for concept management. In particular, it is the underlying software that serves the current pilot OSGeo lexicon (https://osgeodev.geolexica.org); officially used by ISO/TC 211’s MLGT (https://isotc211.geolexica.org) and its ISO SMART machine-readable extension, and in ISO/TC 184/SC 4’s ontology project. Concepts in this system are compliant with ISO 704 and ISO 10241-1; its management mechanisms compliant with ISO 19135-1 and ISO 19104. You can find the Glossarist app at <https://www.glossarist.org> https://www.glossarist.<https://www.glossarist.com>org); data sharing only depends on a GitHub repo.

As previously discussed in the group, we are committed to serve the needs of the OSGeo Lexicon group, so we shall be extending Glossarist/Geolexica to support and iterate on the “cross domain glossary management” approach.

Look forward working with everyone here!

Kind regards,
Ron

_____________________________________

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.