[Lexicon] Glossary pilot kickoff meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 16:55:30 PDT 2020

Thanks for your detailed feedback Erik.
You've provided a broad range of suggestions in the attached word document,
which I'd love to see archived (and able to be searched later). Would you
mind sending a version again in plain text.
I'm hopeful that you can talk to this in our meeting. Would you be up to
adding a slide to our slide deck:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fZxe4YRXKfYU5rAjk5GPRNyDRbwqT9NV406jjX8nB4k/edit#slide=id.p
Unfortunately we have lots to cover, and everyone is only going to get 2 to
3 mins. I realize you have a lot more to say, which will need to spill out
into project conversations.

With regards to project focus - this is going to be set by those who come
into this pilot.
I expect OGC/ISO folks on this list will be better positioned to respond to
the specifics of your OGC/ISO comments.

Erik,
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the OSGeo Glossary use case.
How can we help a small volunteer OSGeo project manage their small list of
project specific terms, alongside a subset of OGC terms which they are
interested in? I don't think this use case is covered within your suggested
approach? Note that the OSGeo project has minimal access to money,
infrastructure, or expertise.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google