[Lexicon] 1st telecon: 2020-03-06 Agenda

Reese Plews (ISO/TC211 - TMG) rplews at tc211tmg.org
Tue Mar 3 05:05:46 PST 2020

Members who answered the doodle poll for this meeting have received the
Agenda and telecon link. For this meeting we will be using
http://zoom.us, if you are a member of the group but did not answer the
doodle poll and would like to attend the telecon please contact me off
list for the link.

OSGEO Lexicon Group Operations Meeting
Time: Mar 6, 2020 10:00 AM Universal Time UTC
Location (virtual): << contact me off list for the link >>

Agenda

1) Greetings & roll call
2) Acceptance of the agenda
3) Status update on current documents

4) Discussion (Group Leader / Members – 20 min.)
In standards development organizations (SDOs) terminology entries are
submitted by
the project team at specific stages of during the development of the
project. However,
the structure and operation of OSGEO is different than that of an (SDO).
Therefore,
some discussion topics arise:
a) who is developing terminology entries in OSGEO?
b) how will the Lexicon Group obtain the terminology entries to examine
and
discuss?
c) are there procedures in place for this to happen or does the Lexicon
Group need
to develop these procedures?
d) what are the incentives that the developers will use the feedback or
entries
edited by the Lexicon Group?

5) Overview and demo of the osgeo.geolexica platform

6) Moving Forward – Abbreviated terms and acronyms
A data listing of abbreviated terms and acronyms was assembled in late
2019. This has
been roughly examined and some categories have been proposed. As a first
project the
group it is proposed that we re-examine both the entries and the
categories. Upon
finalization, these will be added to osgeo.geolexica.org and made
available for the
OSGEO members to use.
Expected work duration (March 9 – March 27) [ using google docs for
proposals/feedback/discussion] followed up at next telecon (or
separately) to review
and discuss outstanding issues.

7) Wrap up
Other business/ideas/discussion/questions
Schedule of next meeting (possible schedule April 2 – 10, 2020 – 30 to
40 minutes)
8) Close of the meeting