[Lexicon] Set up main web page OSGeo Glossary Project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:49:33 PDT 2021

Hi Ankita,
As per our conversation at The Good Docs meeting today. I believe we need a
project web page for our Glossary Project, to meet Season of Docs criteria.
(It would also be handy for us too).

It should be written as a project rather than a pilot project.
We can create a new OSGeo Wiki page, say "OSGeo Glossary Project"
Aim: "To build cross-organisational, integrated glossaries for OSGeo
projects"
It can reference back to the Lexicon Committee as the governing body for
the project.
You can source material for the page from:
* Detailed manifesto
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fjrl34ErnYammel9WmvXJ3rMWFANjoSiiGyyNSYOXUg/edit#heading=h.cnw43qg2wjjs
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Lexicon_Committee
*
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2020/08/cross-domain-management-of-glossaries.html
* https://www.ogc.org/blog/3292
*
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2020/12/halfway-status-glossary-pilot.html
* Presentation
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WZw1_iAC8uWTqFo335i5h_q8IbEYLqzNRYYWBRNtkd0/edit
* Drive of all our Google doc files so far:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1svKT5uWG-zuEGjB0yynGFRcuLdK6-qK6

* You should mention the github repositories for source software for
glossarist
* Also for The Good Docs templates
(No need to use all this info - in fact best if you just use a few
highlights.)

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google