[Lexicon] Deciding on a website and repository for our glossary project

Ronald Tse tse at ribose.com
Mon Sep 13 01:06:06 PDT 2021

Hi Cameron,

My view to the questions:

A. What content do we want to include? Maybe:
1. A landing page and and associated project pages (about the project, contact details, etc)

Agree.

2. How-to pages describing the various design patterns for using distributed glossaries.

Agree.

3. A URL to store our glossary schema profile (which will be referenced by other schemas).

That would be helpful.

B. Where should we store our git repository?
1. glossaries.github.com<http://glossaries.github.com/>
2. thegooddocsproject.github.com/glossaries<http://thegooddocsproject.github.com/glossaries>
3. something else?

If this is a Good Docs project, it should be under 2? We already have the OSGeo Glossary under github.com/geolexica/osgeo-glossary<http://github.com/geolexica/osgeo-glossary> where Ankita and Naini have been working on?

C. Where should we put the home page? Maybe:
1. Fit under The Good Docs Project, with maybe: https://thegooddocsproject.dev/glossaries or  https://glossaries.thegooddocsproject.dev
2. Fit in github? (Maybe start here, then move later.)

If this is a Good Docs project, both would work well, maybe the first is easier. And Good Docs has a GitHub account to host the pages too.

3. Take over ownership of an existing domain, such as https://www.geolexica.org/ . Ron, what are your thoughts on this?

Geolexica is of course happy to host the site but perhaps Good Docs is the best home since Geolexica has a geo-focus?

Kind regards,
Ron

_____________________________________

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

+=========================================================+
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.
+=========================================================+

In our last meeting, we discussed providing a landing page for our project. Thanks Michael for the suggestion.

So this off-week we'll have a meeting to discuss hosting questions.
(You will only need to come along if you have an interest in our domain selection.)

In preparation, questions I expect we need to cover:

1. Fit under The Good Docs Project, with maybe: https://thegooddocsproject.dev/glossaries or  https://glossaries.thegooddocsproject.dev<https://glossaries.thegooddocsproject.dev/>
2. Fit in github? (Maybe start here, then move later.)
3. Take over ownership of an existing domain, such as https://www.geolexica.org/ . Ron, what are your thoughts on this?
4. Find a new domain?

D. What else?

--