[Liblas-devel] Motion: libLAS 0.9.0 Release

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Feb 25 22:17:11 EST 2008

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> I think we are ready to provide a preview release of libLAS so that we
> can get some feedback from actual users :)  I propose that we call it
> 0.9.0.  I did not see a version on Martin's LASTools stuff that we could
> use to start counting from, but maybe he will chime in.

Why not to start with 0.1.0 :-)

> libLAS currently supports multiple platforms, and it has been tested on
> Mac OSX 10.5, Ubuntu 7.10, and Windows MSVC 2005/2008.

It should also compile using Visual C++ 7.1 (2003) now.

> I would like to motion for a 0.9.0 (or otherwise appropriately named
> release given input from Martin) release to allow us to solicit feedback
> and allow people to easily test.

I like the idea to release soon. I think we should release early and
often to provoke users to for testing and participating in the
development process, so we can collect substantial feedback.

Greetings
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net