[Liblas-devel] GPS time and intensity?

Jason Woolard Jason.Woolard at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 13 14:13:15 EDT 2008

Thanks for the intensity fix Howard. Seems to be working now.

On the GPS time issue, I think it's definitely important to have more
precision than the nearest second. The GPS/Inertial or trajectory data
is usually measured at ~200 Hz and one of the useful things about having
the GPS time stamp is the ability to match up a particular pulse with
the corresponding time in the vehicle trajectory or scanner angle data.
Commercial topographic lidar systems are now pulsing at 100 kHz + so
having the times rounded to a second would mean you could potentially
have 100,000 points or more with identical times. In addition, the time
stamp will be even more important as laser waveform data becomes more
mainstream.

Thanks again for the help,
Jason