[Liblas-devel] GPS time and intensity?

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 15:04:53 EDT 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Jason Woolard wrote:

> On the GPS time issue, I think it's definitely important to have
> more precision than the nearest second. The GPS/Inertial or
> trajectory data is usually measured at ~200 Hz and one of the useful
> things about having the GPS time stamp is the ability to match up a
> particular pulse with the corresponding time in the vehicle
> trajectory or scanner angle data. Commercial topographic lidar
> systems are now pulsing at 100 kHz + so having the times rounded to
> a second would mean you could potentially have 100,000 points or
> more with identical times. In addition, the time stamp will be even
> more important as laser waveform data becomes more mainstream.

Jason,

After thinking about this a bit, I think the problem is just related
to the Python bindings throwing out the fractional seconds.  I took a
crack at fixing this in the Python bindings

http://liblas.org/changeset/945

Here's a ticked to track the changes:

http://liblas.org/ticket/83

If you could use subversion to build from trunk or the 1.0 branch and
test that things are behaving correctly, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,