[Liblas-devel] liblas problems

Martin Vales martinvales00 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 04:14:07 EDT 2008

2008/10/28 Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com>

> On Oct 23, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Martin Vales wrote:
>
>  Hi:
>>
>> today Roberto Antolin and me are working with liblas for first time with
>> c++ and .NET. We found several problems with c++ and C APIs:
>>
>> - CAPI not exposed in windows. I am using the mateus compilation and mi
>> mingw compilation.
>> I tried use this file but don´t have the CAPI or i can not see it:
>> http://liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.0.0/liblas-1.0.0-win32.zip
>>

> When I look at this file with depends.exe, I can see the C API entry
> points.  The liblas_i contains the implib for liblas.  Is this what you are
> looking for?

humm. I don´t know much about visual c++ compiler but in the mateus
compilation i can see the entry points, but in your compilation i can not.
But you have the C utilities working (based in the CAPI). Mateus are you
compiling at the same way than hobu?
By default in mingw like in gcc the entries point are exported by default.
In visual c++ i think it´s a little different but i don´t know that
compiler. In mingw you can use the *__declspec(dllexport) to export but is
not mandatory.*
http://www.geocities.com/yongweiwu/stdcall.htm

It´s very extrange but i am totally sure i can not see the CAPI in .NET with
your compilation or not using the same number of functions.

the other day a visual c++ friend show me his bindings to .NET and he had
the entries point based in numbers (@1, at 2, etc...) I instead try to find the
real name in the API.

>  - CAPI GetPointAt always the same pointer:
>>

> Mateusz,
>
> This makes sense right?  &(reader->GetPoint()) is going to get the address
> of the reader's current point?    The Python API uses GetPointAt (C API) and
> it seems to work ok.

the problem is i can not  have more than 2 points at the same time. Last
week we need read the point i,i-1 and i+1, but like in the CAPI you use the
same point i have the same point always. I think is the same in python
because use the same API. I think the reader need create a new instante for
every point.