[Liblas-devel] Re: FOSS4G Presentation

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Sep 23 08:39:35 EDT 2008

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> I have put together a PDF containing a presentation that will be
> presented at FOSS4G 2008 in Cape Town next week.  I thought you might be
> interested (and help edit if anything is missing ;) )
>
> http://liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/WikiStart/liblas_foss4g_2008.pdf

Here are my comments:

Slide 2:

In "Python/C/.NET", C++ seems to missing.
Perhaps API could be separated from bindings:

Native libLAS API available for C++ and C languages.
Python and .NET bindings for...

Slide 7:

AFAIK, VLR header length is 54 bytes not 52 bytes

Slide 8:

Sequential access to VLR seems to be important aspect.

Slide 12:

We have both, input and output iterators, not only input.

I'd replace "compatibility" with usability with standard algorithms
accepting input and output iterators.

Slide 21:
Slide 28:

AFAIK, Martin's full name is Martin Rodriguez.

Hobu, the presentation is great. Thank you very much for doing this!

Could you attach source files (I suppose you used OpenOffice)?
Soon, I'd like to translate it to Polish language.

Best regards,