[Liblas-devel] Re: FOSS4G Presentation

Martin Rodriguez mrodriguez at stereocarto.com
Tue Sep 23 12:09:07 EDT 2008

Hi:

>> Events/delegates are different abstraction for different purposes.
>> I don't really understand why they would be better here.

In DXFlib you can add an event to the entities you want support.
If you want have support to points and circles for example you only add that
events to the application.
I use DXFlib in an application in my company to only support polyline,
3dpolyline, text and points.
When dxflib read a DXF you catch that events.

In liblas we only have points, but we can add differents threads in the same
application.
I think the natural way is use events, but I am not sure if appropriate to
this case because we know the number of points from the beginning in lidar
data.
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/doc/html/foreach.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/containers.html#the-foreach-keyword

Regards.