[Liblas-devel] Re: FOSS4G Presentation

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Sep 23 10:38:32 EDT 2008

Martin Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi:
>
>>> We have both, input and output iterators, not only input.
>
>>> I'd replace "compatibility" with usability with standard algorithms
>>>  accepting input and output iterators.
>
> I was thinking so much about iterators and perhaps is more suitable use
> events. But I don´t know...
> Qcad guy do this in DXFlib library in C++ using interfaces (abstract
> classes) working like c# events.
> ftp://anonymous:anonymous@ribbonsoft.com/archives/dxflib/dxflib-2.2.0.0-1.sr
> c.tar.gz

Events/delegates are different abstraction for different purposes.
I don't really understand why they would be better here.

>>> AFAIK, Martin's full name is Martin Rodriguez.
>
> No, please. Martin Vales is nice.

Thanks for clarification. I will remember :-)

>>>  Soon, I'd like to translate it to Polish language.
>
> I could translate the document to Spanish if is needed.

Would be cool, however I think it's good to do it on purpose.
I plan to talk to Polish people about libLAS, so polish
translation of this presentation will be helpful for this purpose.

> I speak Spanish a
> little more fluenty than English, hehe.

:-)

Best regards,