[Liblas-devel] Patch for utility.hpp for negative elevations

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:19:42 EDT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Erik Jacobsen wrote:

> Hello Mateusz,
>
> Thank you for looking at that so quickly.  As long as I am making
> suggestions, I have two more both relating to building with MSVC
> version 9, SP1 using makefile.vc and nmake.opt:
>
> 1) Please consider removing /GR from OPTFLAGS.  Using a non-default
> calling convention produces somewhat puzzling linker errors when
> attempting to statically link against libLas.

IIRC, I needed /GR to be able to link libLAS against the OSGeo4W GDAL
and GeoTIFF DLLs.  Static linkage of libLAS is not our typical usage
scenario.  Please consider registering for the wiki and creating a
page that describes how to build libLAS statically for those
interested...  Because I want to be able to easily generate official
libLAS windows releases targeted at OSGeo4W using msvc 7.1/8, I don't
see us removing /GR.

> 2) Please consider using /Z7 for debug info in OPTFLAGS instead of /
> Zi.  /Z7 produces C7 style debugging information which is directly
> embedded in the library eliminating the need for a separate .pdb file.

Does /Z7 work for msvc 7.1/8 as well?  It would be wonderful to have a
-g like option instead of those damn .pdb files everywhere.