[Liblas-devel] /GR and /Zi in nmake.opt

Erik Jacobsen jacobsen at powline.com
Thu Sep 25 14:25:56 EDT 2008

Hello Howard,

With respect to /GR, I appreciate the explanation for why it is the way
it is.  I'll live with it, but you might want to put a comment in
nmake.opt stating that you are using a nonstandard calling convention
and removing /GR should be the first thing tried to resolve linker errors.

/Z7 predates /Zi (.pdb) so it will be available in compilers prior to
MSVC 7.1.  MSDN actually suggests using it for libraries:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/958x11bc(VS.80).aspx

Erik

--
Erik Jacobsen, Power Line Systems, Inc.