[Liblas-devel] libLAS 1.0.0b3 Released

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:50:11 EDT 2008

All,

9/26/2008

I am pleased to announce the release of libLAS 1.0.0b3.  Again, a
number of issues have been identified and resolved in this release,
and I would like to thank the folks who've helped with the beta
process.  If nothing significant is found in the next two weeks, we
will issue 1.0.0 final.

Here is a list of items that have been fixed since 1.0.0b2:

- Python bindings DLL name confusion http://liblas.org/ticket/74
- Added a few missing methods in the C API http://liblas.org/ticket/67
- Points with negative elevations were not working http://liblas.org/ticket/76
- Fix the leap year fix in the Python bindings again http://liblas.org/ticket/71
- More precision in the output of scale factors in the command line
utilities http://liblas.org/ticket/75
- Allow summary operations to output text to a generic stream http://liblas.org/ticket/77

Additionally, 1.0.0b3 will be the first significant release of libLAS
targeted at OSGeo4W.  The standard libLAS win32 package will still be
made for a while (probably including 1.0.0 final), but the preferred
way will be to obtain libLAS for win32 using OSGeo4W.

Windows Release

- http://liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.0.0b3/liblas-1.0.0-b3-win32.zip
- http://liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.0.0b3/liblas-1.0.0-b3-win32.zip.md5

Source Release