[Liblas-devel] LAS 1.2 and SRS improvements

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:29:41 EST 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Michael Rosen wrote:

>> I think it would be good for us to allow the user to ask what was
>> activated at compile time.
>
> I concur.  Perhaps a static method, "LASSRS::SupportLevel
> LasSRS::GetSRSSupportLevel();" ?
>
>> Please give trunk a test and let me know if you have any troubles
>> with  it.
>
> I'm running into compilation problems using GDAL 1.4.2.
> gt_citation.cpp, line 281 fails on win32:
>        osCitation = szName;
>        if(osCitation[n-1] != '|') //// ambiguous:
>

> gt_citation.cpp(281) : error C2666:
> 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>::operator []' : 3 overloads
> have similar conversions
>        with
>        [
>            _Elem=char,
>            _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
>            _Ax=std::allocator<char>
>        ]
>        E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\INCLUDE
> \xstring(1576): could be 'const char &std::basic_string<_El
> em,_Traits,_Ax>::operator [](unsigned int) const'
>        with
>        [
>            _Elem=char,
>            _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
>            _Ax=std::allocator<char>
>        ]
>        E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\INCLUDE
> \xstring(1556): or       'char &std::basic_string<_Elem,_Tr
> aits,_Ax>::operator [](unsigned int)'
>        with
>        [
>            _Elem=char,
>            _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
>            _Ax=std::allocator<char>
>        ]
>        or       'built-in C++ operator[(const char *, int)'
>        while trying to match the argument list '(CPLString, int)'
> gt_citation.cpp(518) : error C2370: 'cpl_cvsid' : redefinition;
> different storage class
>        gt_citation.cpp(38) : see declaration of 'cpl_cvsid'
> gt_citation.cpp(518) : error C2084: function 'char *cvsid_aw(void)'
> already has a body
>
> Note that gt_citation.cpp is not in the 1.6 version of gdal (latest
> stable).  The only other non-1.4.2 issue I've had so far is the use
> of OGR::SetEquarectangular2.  What version of GDAL should we require?

lassrs.cpp has a copy of the code from gt_wkt_srs.cpp as of about a
week ago. As a GDAL dev, I track trunk, so I obviously swiped the
latest and greatest.  If you copy/paste gt_wkt_srs.cpp from your
version of gdal in the appropriate place in lassrs.cpp, you should be
able to compile.  Please note that I didn't say it works quite yet
though ;)  I'm having trouble with libgeotiff's simple keys api and
ascii geotiff keys.  I think it's a bug in libgeotiff, but I haven't
quite nailed it down yet.

Ideally, I'd like to make whatever Debian would support (please let me
know Hamish) as the required version, but I'm flexible.  Maybe we
should just nab gt_wkt_srs.cpp entirely whole instead of embedding it
in lassrs.cpp so it is easy to swap out with whatever GDAL version is
desired (or using GDAL's versions directly could work, but since the
functions we're using aren't part of any sort of public API, that
proposition is not as desirable).