[Liblas-devel] Point limit in the software

Neil Woodhouse Neil.Woodhouse at erdas.com
Mon Feb 23 06:09:46 EST 2009

Hi,

	I am using the libLAS software extensively and have came up with
an oddity. If the file is created with over 450 million points the file
cannot be read by the PointVue viewer, it mentions that 0 points can be
read. I thought that this may have been an issue with the viewer, so I
used the LAS tools to create the file from the XYZ file. It works.

	This is the part that I admit to doing something strange. I do
not know the number of points that I am writing until the very end of
the processing and I write the header at this point. Am I pushing the
bounds of the format or the code itself? I would also note that this
process is taking days to run. Smaller sized files work fine.

Neil