[Liblas-devel] Re: Linker errors with Windows import library in v1.2.1

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Nov 14 11:33:25 EST 2009

James Domingo wrote:
> I downloaded the source for v1.2.1, and discovered that the header
> files don't have Microsoft-specific attributes for dll import|export.
> To see if that was the cause of my linker errors, I added them to
> the header files included by the tutorial code, and built the liblas
> DLL and its import lib.  I was then able to successfully link the
> tutorial code with the import lib.

As I explained in my previous reply, C++ API is available only from the
static library. The C API is provided by DLL and there are corresponding
annotations (import/export) included. See LAS_DLL tag:

http://liblas.org/browser/include/liblas/capi/las_config.h#L58
http://liblas.org/browser/include/liblas/capi/liblas.h#L128

Best regards,