[Liblas-devel] Re: liblas in C#

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Feb 2 14:51:32 EST 2010

Ping Yang wrote:
> Dear mateusz,
>
> This is Ping from Idaho State University, this time I am learning the
> LidAR data processing, I got to know you and your team members
> provides a liblas tool for reading and writting LiDAR dataset,
> I downloaded your source code,
> I know there is an tutorial for the their using in C#, would you please
> tell me how to actually implement in C# ?,

Please, read the two threads with .NET in subject:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/liblas-devel/2009-December/thread.html

You will learn about current state of .NET bindings.

> for example,
> how can I add the liblas as a reference to my project in C#?

Please, learn about managing references in Visual Studio:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z6609kte.aspx

> Are there some sample project in C# can be downloaded for learning?

As you can learn from the thread linked above, .NET bindings have
been moved out of official source branch and they live in its own
repository: http://hg.liblas.org/clr/

There are some sample projects provided:

http://hg.liblas.org/clr/file/fc21843409bf/csharp/Samples
http://hg.liblas.org/clr/file/fc21843409bf/csharp/HelloWorldLAS

Best regards,

p.s. please post your questions to the mailing list
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/liblas-devel

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net