[Liblas-devel] libLAS SRS Reprojection Support and Compiling From Source

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:42:20 EST 2010

Dan,

I have been doing a lot of development of liblas lately, but I haven't been keeping the makefiles up to date.  Edit makefile.vc to remove references to lasfile.obj, which is no longer part of liblas to get things to compile.  You might get stuck again, and might have to add lasformat.obj as well.

Your plan to use liblas in this way is sound, though thar be a few dragons along the way.  The GeoTIFF of OSGeo4W might be too old, but I don't remember, and libLAS trunk pretty much requires GDAL trunk, which isn't available via OSGeo4W.  These are all things you can compile yourself given some determination, but it might be challenging.  I would start with the OSGeo Buildkit for a quick way to get most of GDAL's dependencies going.

<http://download.osgeo.org/buildkit/> (grab the latest file date)

I will fix the warnings as soon as I get a moment to do so, thanks for the report.

Howard