[Liblas-devel] liblas for Embarcadero compiler

jose perez jcurru at yahoo.es
Wed Jul 14 17:40:44 EDT 2010

Hello.

I'm trying to use liblas under Embarcadero (former Borland) C++ compiler.
So I have written this code:

#include <liblas/laspoint.hpp>
#include <liblas/lasreader.hpp>
#include <fstream>  // std::ifstream
#include <iostream> // std::cout

    std::ifstream ifs;
    ifs.open("a.las", std::ios::in | std::ios::binary);

    liblas::LASReader reader(ifs);
    while (reader.ReadNextPoint())
    {
        liblas::LASPoint const& p = reader.GetPoint();
        etc...
    }

which compiles well.
But the linker raises an error:

[ILINK32 Error] Error: 'C:\SOFTWARE\LIB\OSGEO4W\LIB\LIBLAS.LIB' contains invalid
OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)

This always happens when a "Visual Studio" library is linked into an Embarcadero
project, so it's normal.
So I'd need another version os the liblas.lib (or the liblas.dll in order to
create an "Embaradero" library using the implib utility).
But I can't find those files in liblas.org.

Would you please tell me how can I get the files I need to use liblas into
Embarcadero environment?

Thanks a lot.