[Liblas-devel] liblas for Embarcadero compiler

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jul 15 06:04:11 EDT 2010

On 14/07/10 22:40, jose perez wrote:
> [ILINK32 Error] Error: 'C:\SOFTWARE\LIB\OSGEO4W\LIB\LIBLAS.LIB' contains
> invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)
>
> This always happens when a "Visual Studio" library is linked into an
> Embarcadero project, so it's normal.
> So I'd need another version os the liblas.lib (or the liblas.dll in
> order to create an "Embaradero" library using the implib utility).

In order to get libLAS DLL for Windows, you have two choices:

1) Install binaries of libLAS from OSGeo4W package as explained here:

http://liblas.org/download.html#binaries

2) Build libLAS binaries with the compiler you use.

The option 2) should do best, IMHO.

However, having no experience with Borland's compiler, I can't tell
if this compiler is reliable and provides proper support for C++
langauge. You may need to apply some patches.

Best regards,