[Liblas-devel] liblas for Embarcadero compiler

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 09:49:57 EDT 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:28 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> On 16/07/10 12:03, jose perez wrote:
>> Hello, Mateusz
>>
>> Sorry for replying privately, but I can't find the list email.
>
> So, how did you post to liblas-devel your first message?
> Just look at e-mail header and you can find liblas-devel at lists.osgeo.org
> Or, go to:
> 1. http://liblas.org/
> 2. Link "Mailing Lists"
> 3. Link http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/liblas-devel
> 4. In section "Using Liblas-devel you can see message
> "...send email to liblas-devel at lists.osgeo.org"
> 5. This is the e-mail.
>
>> Ok, I finally realized that the tar.gz file contains the source files.
>> As a sugestion I would propose to add a little explanation about this
>> matter in the http://liblas.org/download.html page.
> There is Documentation link on front page
> http://liblas.org/
> http://liblas.org/compilation.html
>
> 1. The "src" in liblas-src-X.Y.Z stands for source, so it's easy to know it is a source code.
> 2. There is Documentation link on front page http://liblas.org/
> 3. The Documentation includes Compilation section:
> http://liblas.org/compilation.html

Except for the fact that the compilation doc is only valid for the unreleased source code version, not the last release of 1.2.1 (there was no compilation doc for that).

There isn't any reason to be scared of the development version of libLAS.  It's in flux a bit, but a number of issues that existed in the 1.2.x release have been fixed.  I'm still targeting August for a release of the new (1.6) version of libLAS.