[Liblas-devel] Problems on the libLAS Compilation

ping yang pingyang.whu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:41:27 EDT 2010

Hi, I followed the link:
http://liblas.org/compilation.html#using-visual-studio-9-2008-on-windows for
the compilation 'Using “Visual Studio 9 2008” on
Windows<http://liblas.org/compilation.html#using-visual-studio-9-2008-on-windows>"',
I am not sure about the first step, 'Get the source code", actually, I went
to the Repository to downloaded the "main" zip file, and I also went to
current Release and downloaded
liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz<http://trac.liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.2.1/liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz>
 (md5)<http://trac.liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.2.1/liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz.md5>
,
I am confused with these two files because when I ran the cmake-gui, there
was an input parameter  "Where is the source code" , I have tried several
times, when I used the uncompressed file from
liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz<http://trac.liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.2.1/liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz>
 (md5)<http://trac.liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.2.1/liblas-src-1.2.1.tar.gz.md5>,
there was an CMake error : The source directory " E:/Sourcecode" does not
appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. However. when I use the uncompressed file
form "Main", another error came up with"Error in configuration process,
projects files may be invalid". there comes my question, have someone else
have check the procedure that described in the Compilation section? Is there
anyone can help me to compile the source code and get the reference file
name LibLAS which can be referenced for application( like the "hello world"
in the c# Tutorial).