[Liblas-devel] libLAS SRS Reprojection Support and Compiling From Source

Dan Bellinski bellindj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:23:16 EST 2010

Hey Howard,

I was unable to find any references to lasfile.obj in the current
makefile.vc (thus couldn't get past the build error). I just
back-dated the source I was building from to the 1.2 release (1496)
and I was able to compile libLAS against GeoTiff 1.2.5 (from the
mapserver buildkit) and gdal 1.7.1 trunk.

I now have two questions:
1. Should the libLAS code version I used to compile be new enough to
be able to do the LAS re-projections? If not, do you have any other
hints as to fixing the lasfile.obj build error (how I can remove it
from trying to build)?

2. Assuming everything is compiled right, I now have 2 ways to change
the projections on my LAS files. I am unsure how I will do this as I
couldn't find any documentation on it (other than the blip on the main
liblas page). Could you offer insight as to how I should go about
doing this with either method? It would be helpful to know what .exes
I will need to use and if you have accomplished this before maybe any
example notes you have?

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks so much,
Dan