[Liblas-devel] workshop to define LAS 1.4 (was Full waveform lidar data)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Mar 9 13:07:46 EST 2010

Martin Isenburg wrote:
> that is the sentiment i have heard on the showfloor everywhere
> (except in front of the leice booth) (-;
>
> i suggested to everyone to organize a worksop and create LAS 1.4 and
> do it right.

Amen to that Martin!

> LAS 1.3 was a dud and everyone knows is.

I did risk a bit of prophecy ([1], [2]) some time ago.
I'd risk it again saying that the industry is not taking LAS seriously
by adopting it widely and in compatible way, because of that problem
you point.

So, the industry does "not much", but enthusiasts like libLAS project
are wasting their precious time putting makeup on every new
head of growing monster.

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/liblas-devel/2009-April/000478.html
[2] https://lidarbb.cr.usgs.gov/index.php?showtopic=6385&st=0&p=7712

Best regards,