[Liblas-devel] Squeeze me

Black, Michael (IS) Michael.Black2 at ngc.com
Tue Mar 9 14:31:26 EST 2010

Actually, what is the "spatial order" of data that is tilted due to a non-0/90/180/270-degree flight path?
What you really need is a spatial lookup -- not spatial ordering....there is no such thing as "spatial ordering" unless you'lre talking  about sorting just along one axis (x,y, or z).

The LIDAR guys aren't polite enough to collect perfectly aligned lat/lon routes.

If you want to be able to easily do spatial queries try using SQLITE and turn on the RTree.  An RTree is kind of a waste for a fully populated LIDAR cloud but it should work just fine.
http://www.sqlite.org/

We just built our own indexer so we could say "give me all points within N meters of here" rather than using an RTree or such.

Michael D. Black
Senior Scientist
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems