[Liblas-devel] Squeeze me

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 18:27:17 EST 2010

Etienne wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible, to add an option to also
> order the points coordinates in a spatial order instead of
> (I think) a temporal one, it would be much faster to scan
> the file that way to extract any point. within a given
> coordinate. Would it enter in the laszip specifications ? Of
> course, it would be much slower to write, I know, but it
> would be for a longtime gain in speed of reading. What do
> you think ?

I have no problem with optional switches, but realize that this
is a lossy operation, there is useful info in the temporal order.
e.g. if some glitch makes the nav go wonky for 5 minutes or
calibration drifts with time (eg temperature), you can filter
it out if still stored in sequential order.

regards,
Hamish