[Liblas-devel] workshop to define LAS 1.4 (was Full waveformlidar data)

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:44:58 EST 2010

On Mar 9, 2010, at 1:11 PM, Black, Michael (IS) wrote:

> Why don't you call it "vodoo lib 98".  Then the next release can be "voodoo lib XP".  Then "voodoo lib Vista".  Or some similar nonsensical sequence.
>
> That way we all know what version it is :-)
>
> I am SO sick of version numbers that don't match anything or make any sense.
>
> Trying to make liblas match the version of LAS it support -- WONDERFUL idea!!!

In practice, it is terrible.  Being tied to the spec means lagging.  There are tons of improvements and updates in the development version that have not been released yet due to my inability to move on this.  It's time to cut it loose, and I want to ensure there is in no way any more implied relationship between the two.

> So go to Liblas 1.2.x -- then perhaps we'll skip to liblas 1.4.x (but does that presume pre-4 compatibility?)

eh, I'd rather go for libLAS 3.0 :)