[Liblas-devel] Dealing with "bad" data

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 4 13:22:18 EDT 2010

On 04/11/10 17:06, Volker Wichmann wrote:
> provide a utility which tries to fix broken files but always throw an
> exception in case a file is not compliant to the specification

For me, the two parts of this stay in contradiction.
Always throwing if file is not compliant, means never accept broken
data. Never accept broken data, implies not try to fix it.

Whatever it is called, strict and transitional mode (enable/disable with
single switch for libLAS utility) or a separate utility trying to
recover whatever is recoverable from broken data...
The job of implementing those utils repairing broken data produced by
companies loosely interpreting ASPRS LAS will be on expanses of libLAS.

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org