[Liblas-devel] Need a very large LAS file

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Oct 27 19:06:57 EDT 2010

Gary Huber wrote:
> I've been using an 18 GB LAS file that I generated using a trial license
> of Safe Software's FME Desktop. I imagine you'd be able to do the same
> easier than I could send you the file.

Gary,

Yes, I agree.
Though, I'm not knowledgeable user of this package.
Could you direct me to some instructions where I can learn how to
generate such files?

Or, perhaps you could put some quick instructions to trac.liblas.org/wiki :-)

> I do get an error in libLAS's cached reader system when reading
> from that huge file the second time. Somehow it
> seems the istream becomes invalid.

These are exactly the issues I'm trying to investigate and solve now.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net