[Liblas-devel] GPS Time and inverted height

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:18:05 EDT 2011

On Jun 15, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Julian Olszewski wrote:

> Sorry for asking two questions within the same thread.

No problem.

> Q1: Is there any way to populate a las file with "fake" GPS Time.

Not with libLAS at this time.  las2las can only do translation on XYZ values at this point.  You could do it yourself using the Python bindings and a little bit of scripting (it would be much slower, of course).

> The software I use require GPS Time - it's mandatory otherwise I won't be able to load the data

Which software is this?  It would seem that it could do the faking itself if it didn't find time values.

> Q2: Can I invert the height or multiply by -1?

See above.