[Liblas-devel] libLAS issue on Os X

Antoine Cottin antoine.cottin at usm.edu
Thu Jul 12 08:24:20 PDT 2012

Good morning,

I try to install libLAS 1.7 on Mac OsX 10.6.8 (kernel Darwin 10.8.0)
When I try to make it, I have the following error output:

% cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" .

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Setting libLAS build type - Release
-- Searching for Boost 1.38+ - done
-- Boost version: 1.50.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   program_options
--   thread
-- Enable libLAS utilities to build - done
-- Enable libLAS unit tests to build - done
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/nous/Sources/liblas_1.7

% make
..
..
/Users/nous/Sources/boost_1_50_0/boost/math/special_functions/binomial.hpp:65:
instantiated from here
/Users/nous/Sources/boost_1_50_0/boost/math/special_functions/gamma.hpp:174:
warning: comparing floating point with == or != is unsafe
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/las.dir/chipper.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/las.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did some Google searches, but I didn't find anything on this, or at least any good answers.
Any idea what would be the issue ?

Thanks
Regards,
Antoine Cottin, Ph.D.