[rttopo-dev] Tolerance 0 support in master branch

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Sep 6 04:10:04 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 12:50:01PM +0200, a.furieri at lqt.it wrote:

> introducing sudden changes affecting the very basic interpretation
> of some API argument never is a good policy and could easily
> cause unexpected troubles.

I actually expected troubles, but being librttopo a young library
I considered less of a trouble to adapt spatialite (the only known
client so far) than adding another function signature to be
maintained. After all I see the 0-interpretation more like a bugfix
in the interface, as it prevented specifying 0 as the actual tolerance
(ie: no tolerance). The alternative would have been allowing -1
to mean 0, and keeping 0 to mean "automatic", but it would be weird
as an interface, wouldn't it ?

--strk;