[rttopo-dev] Tolerance 0 support in master branch

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 6 04:30:29 PDT 2016

On 09/06/2016 01:10 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 12:50:01PM +0200, a.furieri at lqt.it wrote:
>
>> introducing sudden changes affecting the very basic interpretation
>> of some API argument never is a good policy and could easily
>> cause unexpected troubles.
>
> I actually expected troubles, but being librttopo a young library
> I considered less of a trouble to adapt spatialite (the only known
> client so far) than adding another function signature to be
> maintained. After all I see the 0-interpretation more like a bugfix
> in the interface, as it prevented specifying 0 as the actual tolerance
> (ie: no tolerance). The alternative would have been allowing -1
> to mean 0, and keeping 0 to mean "automatic", but it would be weird
> as an interface, wouldn't it ?

Is this simply a matter of bumping the SONAME to indicate the API breakage?

SpatiaLite needs to be adapted for the new API and will require
librttopo > 1.0.0. Since spatialite 4.4.0 final hasn't been released
yet, that shouldn't be an issue. A new librttopo release will be
required for the eventual SpatiaLite 4.4.0 release.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1