[rttopo-dev] [UPDATE]: spatialite works (was: Tolerance 0 support in master branch)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Sep 6 09:01:50 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 01:10:04PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 12:50:01PM +0200, a.furieri at lqt.it wrote:
>
> > introducing sudden changes affecting the very basic interpretation
> > of some API argument never is a good policy and could easily
> > cause unexpected troubles.
>
> I actually expected troubles,

Well, despite my expectances, spatialite has no trouble with
proper support for zero tolerance. The failure I was witnessing
really revealed an improper handling of librttopo for zero tolerance.

The issue was that only points *closer* than the given tolerance
were being considered cohincident, while nothing can be closer
than at zero distance.

Handling distance 0 as special made the spatialite testsuite
pass cleanly also against current librttopo master.

--strk;