[rttopo-dev] using librttopo and liblwgeom at the same time

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Sep 8 03:35:33 PDT 2016

I'm considering having PostGIS optionally use librttopo but in order
to do so it'll need to be able to link to both librttopo and
liblwgeom. For this reason I need to avoid symbol clashes.

For a start I moved some symbols out of the public header into the
private one, for easier rename, and continuously built spatialite
against the new header. Doing so I found that spatialite is relying
on the SPHEROID type, which was not renamed.

Given the plan to require the newer librttopo as a minimum, it sounds
like a good idea to rename that symbol too, to RTSPHEROID. Chances are
more symbols will need to be renamed too. This in turn would really
require an ABI bump, going to librttopo-2.0.0 next.

--strk;

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html