[Live-demo] live dvd, some questions

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 27 10:55:53 EST 2009

Hi all,

following the mbsystem mailing-list i've notice about the existence of "not official" .deb packages , here a link :

http://sites.google.com/site/anbadeol/debian#TOC-MB-System

i'm not able to test it under ubuntu (used in the OSGEO live dvd)
and neither on my linux beacouse i'm using a 64bit disro while the .deb is only for 32bit

i hope to find the time to reinstall a 32 bit VM, but maybe someone on the list can test it?

- .... maybe a bit OT...,  but i've an other question :

actually  i'm continue to develop a live-dvd based on the osgeo live dvd installer [0] + other science sw,
on a different distro (sidux 64bit).
i have not added mac and win sw to save space dedicaded to other linux-sw.

My final target is to have a dvd ready to run for scientific university courses.
i'd like to condivide with you its development, if someone is intersted please let me know.
i'm alone ... so anyone can help me ... just running the iso and send me feedback shoul'd be great!

thaks to All!

ciao,

Massimo.

[0] i had some problems with mapfish and gpsdrive install scripts

[1] http://sites.google.com/site/poseidonlinux/