[Live-demo] live dvd, some questions

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 00:49:08 EST 2009

Massimo Di Stefano wrote:
> following the mbsystem mailing-list i've notice about the
> existence of "not official" .deb packages , here a link :
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/anbadeol/debian#TOC-MB-System
>
> i'm not able to test it under ubuntu (used in the OSGEO
> live dvd)
> and neither on my linux beacouse i'm using a 64bit disro
> while the .deb is only for 32bit
>
> i hope to find the time to reinstall a 32 bit VM, but maybe
> someone on the list can test it?

did you find the automated build script?

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_mb-system.sh

before we can continue it as an official debian package we need to get
it to build using shared libraries.

some crude infrastructure for the official package is already in place:

http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-grass/packages/mbsystem/trunk/debian/

if you want to help with that effort please subscribe to the debiangis
mailing list and introduce yourself.

> My final target is to have a dvd ready to run for
> scientific university courses.
> [1] http://sites.google.com/site/poseidonlinux

> [0] i had some problems with mapfish and gpsdrive install scripts

I wrote the gpsdrive install script, it has some ubuntu specific hacks.
it should work with other debian derived distros with some minor tweaks.
please email problems to the live-dvd mailing list

Hamish