[Live-demo] Version numbers

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 00:23:22 EDT 2009

> > In that case, can we please name the VM release:
> > arramagong-vm-2.0.3
>
> Sure I can name it that, I kinda assumed we wanted to give some more
> credit to the GISVM. Wasn't clear to me if the projects were merging in
> some way. I'm also concerned that in no way does the name indicate GIS,
> geospatial or anything like that,

I tend to agree, on both points. We owe a lot to GISVM, and to the
unknowing or forgetting eye the file name does resemble some random
collection of letters and numbers. Having "gis" in there helps.

FWIW "my" live-helper variant in svn currently has a host name of
"osgeo-live" but I really liked Alex's "agoterra" suggestion way back
when and have been considering hijacking it ever since :)

> Can't remember if that changes the md5 or not, didn't think it did.

no, it doesn't. only the file contents contribute to the md5sum, not
the filename, ownership, or properties.

regards,
Hamish