[Live-demo] Version numbers

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 1 23:03:12 EDT 2009

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback Richardo. Your suggestions make sense.
>
> Alex,
> In that case, can we please name the VM release:
> arramagong-vm-2.0.3

Sure I can name it that, I kinda assumed we wanted to give some more
credit to the GISVM. Wasn't clear to me if the projects were merging in
some way. I'm also concerned that in no way does the name indicate GIS,
geospatial or anything like that, so maybe this warrants a revival of
last year's branding discussion.

For the record I don't think it's too late to change the file name on
the posted files if you want. Can't remember if that changes the md5 or
not, didn't think it did. Can't quite recall when the F drifted in,
since I remember starting with f originally. As for the word it seemed
logical to replace beta with final, so it would actually be abnormal to
drop that.

What's the reasoning for not putting the version number last?

Alex