[Live-demo] Installation issues of GISVM on xubuntu 8.04

Aneel aneel.r at tecnics.com
Tue Oct 6 09:29:13 EDT 2009

Hello OSgeo Team,

Let me introduce myself. I am Aneel from click2try team.

I have tried to install GISVM on xubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) on Xen
hypervisor. While installation of GISVM, i found below errors.  Please
guide me to resolve these issues.

Error1:

deegree_start.sh: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT match
ERROR [install_deegree.sh]: download of deegree_start.sh failed.
Finished: ./install_deegree.sh

Error2:

createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  template database "-E" does
not exist
createlang: could not connect to database template_postgis: FATAL:
database "template_postgis" does not exist
UPDATE 0
psql: FATAL:  database "template_postgis" does not exist
psql: FATAL:  database "template_postgis" does not exist

Error3: for install_desktop.sh

CRITICAL **: Failed to init libxfconf: dbus-launch failed to autolaunch
D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

Regards

Aneel Kumar
click2try