[Live-demo] Installation issues of GISVM on xubuntu 8.04

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Oct 6 12:29:05 EDT 2009

Aneel wrote:
> Hello OSgeo Team,
>
> Let me introduce myself. I am Aneel from click2try team.
>
> I have tried to install GISVM on xubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) on Xen
> hypervisor. While installation of GISVM, i found below errors.  Please
> guide me to resolve these issues.

Are you using the trunk, or the 2.0.3 tag from svn?

> Error1:
>
> deegree_start.sh: FAILED
> md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT match
> ERROR [install_deegree.sh]: download of deegree_start.sh failed.
> Finished: ./install_deegree.sh

Interesting, that just means that for some reason the hash check to
confirm the download failed.
Try:
cd /tmp/build_deegree
wget -c
http://download.deegree.org/LiveDVD/FOSS4G2009/deegree-2.2_tomcat-6.0.20.tar.gz

and then rerun the deegree script in the bin folder
sudo ./install_deegree.sh

> Error2:
>
> createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  template database "-E" does
> not exist
> createlang: could not connect to database template_postgis: FATAL:
> database "template_postgis" does not exist
> UPDATE 0
> psql: FATAL:  database "template_postgis" does not exist
> psql: FATAL:  database "template_postgis" does not exist

Ah there's an error on ln 92 of install_postgis.sh, it should read:
sudo -u $USER_NAME createdb -E UTF8 template_postgis
no -T, that was a mistake

> Error3: for install_desktop.sh
>
> CRITICAL **: Failed to init libxfconf: dbus-launch failed to autolaunch
> D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

To be expected, setting the background and screen stretch are coded for
XFCE in this particular case. Take a look in the install_desktop. These
steps can be done by hand and commented out.
ln 34-40

> Regards
>
> Aneel Kumar
> click2try