[Live-demo] java version on the live dvd?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Mon Sep 14 09:26:00 EDT 2009

Judit Mays ha scritto:

> Hello list,
>
> deegree is happy to run with Java5 or Java6
> deegree is picky about the Java "supplier": we want SUN-Java only.

GeoServer as well needs Sun version.

In the GeoServer install script I first had it install sun-jdk version
6 and then forced JAVA_HOME in the launch scripts for good measure
since, for some reason, the image comes with OpenJDK installed and
as the default java runtime.

If also deegree is happy with it we can probably have a separate script
that installs java instead of repeating it all over the place.

> would it be possible to set the JAVA_HOME variable globally so all Java
> projects can use it?

Makes sense, not sure where that can be done thought. I think there
is a file in /etc where global var can be set but I don't remember its name

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime